Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Monday, April 23, 2007

Déjà Vu


It's funny, I remember being here before. The movers come tomorrow to haul my prodigious amount of stuff over to my new apartment. Remember my fabulous loft bed that Maurice put together for me? Well, I've taken it apart with a fancy power drill and a socket set I bought at Home Depot. I'm so proud of this socket set. Proud enough to mention it to you folks.

Annnnyway. There is one, tiny screw left in this loft bed, holding the headboard to the main piece. The head of said screw is all stripped out so I can't drill it out. This remarkably tenacious screw is making my life very difficult. I suspect I will triumph, regardless.

Good news coming: Talking to my new landlords is like holding a sleeping puppy. But only because I feel so soothed and content. For heaven's sake, they fed me cheesecake and tea when I went to sign the lease. CHEESECAKE AND TEA, PEOPLE.

You know what word is funny? Zamboni.
God, I'm sleepy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Ran Barton said…

    Foolish me thought I'd get a newspaper shout out, but nooooo... I wish you luck with your move. I've often thought of you and cheesecake before this, but in a different way than you described. Zamboni, zamboni, zamboni, zamboni.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Talking to my new landlords is like holding a sleeping puppy." I wish my neighbors' new (and future guide/seeing eye) puppy could sleep through the night. It likes to bark when I like to sleep. Ahhh, but it's too cute to scorn.

    Good luck with the pesky screw, the move, the unlimited cheesecake, and the new apartment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home