Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Loft Bed (I'm Only Sleeping)


This is my fabulous loft bed. It's not quite a full loft, as I wanted not to brain myself each morning when I sat up in bed. It is, however, pretty darned high off the ground and gives me roughly 2.5' of clearance underneath. I have put that space to good use. I believe these photos prove that.

The gent who custom made my loft bed for me is a young man named Maurice Cheng. His company, MC Woodworks, Inc., creates custom-made beds fairly quickly and according to your ultra-anal specs. I'm projecting, aren't I. Regardless, Maurice is friendly and soothing and really wants to get the job done well. He exchanged several sweet-natured emails with me where he gave me lots of options and made absolutely sure that he knew exactly what I wanted. I got a fair price and a bed that I will keep for many, many years, even if I suddenly live in a home with ample storage space.


Maurice is such a dude that, if you order a bed from him and mention my radio show, Thursday Java Time with Sarah or even just my blog, Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog., you'll get a $20 rebate. Even cooler (for me), he'll give ME a little rebate for spreading the word. How nice is that? That's very nice.









For sport, I'll show you what a full-height loft bed looks like. There it is on the left, with a desk and stuff under it. That's a photo from Maurice's website. My bed, as seen above, is considered a Low Loft Bed.



I'm really enthusiastic about anything I've spent more than nine dollars on, so I like to brag about my meaningful purchases. Please forgive the advertisey tone. Maurice did me a personal favor that went above and beyond the call of duty when it came to the delivery of my bed, so I really owe him one. Besides, what's more important than having a good bed to sleep in? Well, frankly, a good moisturizer never hurts. We'll talk about that later.



1 Comments:

  • At 2:04 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That is a fantastic idea! (I've got a platform with drawers in the base and headboard myself, from the dearly departed "Workbench" store).


    As for moisturizers, I prefer Neutrogena (drugstore), Clinique (moderate/free sample), or Laura Mercier (ridiculous tinted stuff I bought off a coworker).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home