Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Here It Goes Again



My friend John sent me this spectacular and silly OK Go video from YouTube today. The band does a tightly choroeographed dance on 8 treadmills for the duration of the song. It must have taken weeks to rehearse to the point where they could shoot it in one take.


There's one point where the fella in the red pants nearly loses his balance, but it only adds to the charm of the video for me. I'm sure they all took turns falling down or screwing up. Lordy, I love this video. Way to go, OK Go.



Replete with more songs than you can shake a stick at, here are today's playlists:

Log for first half of August 3rd, 2006 show

Log for second half of August 3rd, 2006 show


Of note: I had the teensiest bit of caffeine maybe three hours ago and am now going to go out and flip over a Lincoln Navigator and eat whomever I find inside. Caffeine makes me rammy.



P.S.


9 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said…

    Hi, You have a really interesting Blog!

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Hey, thanks! I saw yours recently when I was looking for good pictures of rain. Nice pics! - Sarah

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How cool was that video!

    Independent artists produce some real gems, eh. Making the most with the least is the mark of true creativity. Who knew people could skate so smoothly, or at all, on treadmills!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wonder where in the heck OK Go got their hands on eight treadmills.

    Speaking of caffeine, I read somewhere that abuse of caffeine over extended periods of time can lead to attention defic ... What was I saying?

    Oh, treadmills. ... I need some coffee to regain focus here.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Hi L!
    Thanks for the comm --

    LOOK PUPPIES!

    http://www.picturesfree.org/sam/puppies/album1.html

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the pics, Sarah! And you knew I was blind - eerie.

    Have you heard the This American Life episode with the man who attempted to start a television channel whose only programming was puppies - puppies playing, puppies being happy, puppies not discussing politics? I wish that channel existed. Sigh.

    [cue wistful sip of coffee]

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    That was MY idea, friend! Or at least I dream about it all the time. I fully support all-puppy everything.

    http://thursdayjava.blogspot.com/2006/02/puppy-bowl.html

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea. I could see myself watching Pet Bowl, reptiles ineligible. Puppies versus kittens would draw a sizable television audience. People with satellites have all the fun!

    Once the event became mad popular, we would have to find a way to affix advertisements to the pets while they adorably compete. Don't hate me for that remark.

    I have noticed, however, the tendency for small pets to pile on each other, clearly a penalty in competitive play. No matter.

    I, like you, would watch puppies anywhere. In a strange way, I even admire the puppies, though they have small and undeveloped brains. Yet, so happy. Hmm.

    Hey, I think we bandied there. That was fun. Take care and have a terrific day, Sarah.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home