Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm Ready to be Heartbroken


I have become fully obsessed with Camera Obscura's adorable song, "Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken. They're a wonderful Scottish band and the song, according to WVUD's Steve Klinge and to Pitchfork Media, is a response to Lloyd Cole & the Commotions' 1984 song, "Are You Ready to be Heartbroken?" The Camera Obscura song's lyrics are a bit hard to hear, but you won't care. You'll revel in the sweet, wistful feeling you get from the title alone, and then you'll take yourself to an east coast city and walk about.


Like sands through the hourglass, so are my playlists from today.

Log for first half of July 13th, 2006 show

Log for second half of July 13th, 2006 show


I hope that some of you noticed that, in my previous post, the image at the top was not only what appears to be the face of a man, but also the word, "Liar." I like eyeball riddles.


5 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cool tune. Those Scots are sneaky-good. Yet, the creative process behind music videos continues to perplex me.

    Thank you for passing the song along, Sarah.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Cheers, Helmut! I'm glad you dug the song. That video, however, mystified me. The creative process, indeed.

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :) Camera Obscura. You continue to have excellent taste.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That song has been stuck in my head for over 24 hours now. Extremely catchy. It's on XPN these days, too.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Ah, MJC. Of course you dig Camera Obscura! Is there anything else you're recommending lately?

    And thanks for the comment, Mike!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home