Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Friday, June 23, 2006

And Curse Sir Walter Raleigh (with pictures)


I'm tired and I'm cranky and I've decided that this post is going to be a little bit whiney and a lot disjointed. I've also decided that I'm going to use every picture on my computer that I can find. Also, I'm tired.


By the way, don't read. God will punish you for it. (I just *told* you that I'm using every image. Don't get haughty. Of course I don't *really* believe that God will smite you for reading. But I do believe that we are made in his image and that we are, therefore, legos.)


Yesterday's show went fairly well. I played quite a few electronica songs, which isn't really like me. They were there, I liked them well enough, and I was tired and a bit cranky yesterday, too, so I wasn't going to go crazy looking for just the right song.

Here are playlists for my last TWO shows. I'd apologize for taking so long to post them, but I'm tired and cranky.

Log for first half of June 15th, 2006 show
Log for second half of June 15th, 2006 show


Log for first half of June 22nd, 2006 show
Log for second half of June 22nd, 2006 show


Now, back to the pictures. THIS is the disturbing image one sees sometimes when logging onto Yahoo! Mail. I refuse to post it in this blog, as I find it abhorrent. Feel free to click on the link to view it. I actually wrote them a complaint letter about the image, as it showed up for me EVERY DAY when I logged on, even though the pictures are supposed to appear in some sort of rotation. This picures makes me cranky.



This picture helps undo some of that crankiness. Remember when I showed you the Atlanta, Georgia panda hanging out next to his hammock before? Well, here he is again, IN the hammock, as seen on the Atlanta Panda Cam on June 14th, 2006. I don't know why watching this lazy bear sleep in a hammock pleases me so, but I'm glad he's there. He doesn't look cranky. That's nice. Here's another bear in a hammock that doesn't look cranky. My friend Ryan sent that link to me, knowing my penchant for all things bearish and hammocky.

This has been good for me. I've posted some pictures, I've scanned my playlists, I've nearly gotten over the trauma of a video that Ryan showed me on the internet [if you really want to see it and be traumatized, you'll have to ask. I'm not posting it...], and I believe I'm very nearly not cranky anymore.


In celebration of this fact, I give you this adorable picture of yours truly as a youngster, with my beloved dog, Devon. I think I was about 4 in the picture, so Devon was 4, as well. My Uncle Hu was probably asking me to hold her so that he could snap the picture (Devon wasn't much for standing still when there was romping to be done outside), and it appears that I am pulling her lips off while trying to subdue her. I promise you, though, that I loved that dog dearly and would never have (knowingly) pulled her lips off. Not even if I were very cranky.

An interesting thing about Devon was her incredible speed. That dog ran like the wind, and often. She routinely managed to escape from the house and would chase our car great distances before we noticed that she was behind us, on the road, running with the panicked fervor that only a dog who is desperately trying to catch her family can know. Once, the vet said that he wondered if she might have a little bit of Greyhound in her, as he'd heard tell of her speed and noticed that her hips were a bit high, much like the racing dogs'. We knew her to be primarily a German Shepherd and Black Labrador mix, but, thereafter, I boasted to anyone who met her that there was a very good chance that she was part Greyhound. Her nickname, given to her by my brother Andy and me as children, was "Devvie Doggie."

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That video ruled. Sigh.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww ~ Devvie Doggie!! Whadda Dog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home