Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

April Showers, May Showers, Sarah Showers, etc.


Hey y'all! I'm all moved to Philadelphia. It rained like pouring pee out of a boot on the day that I moved. That was sad. Then, some stuff has been going on in the apartment that has also been sad. My landlords are mighty, though, and they've tried to fix most of the stuff. I will whine about the shower one day soon, as it's currently frustrating me.


It was Radiothon last week! That was pretty exciting. Lots of generous listeners like Jenna, Roger and Terri called in to make big ole pledges. I love it that people like our station enough to support it this way. Here is a nice picture of me blabbering into the microphone while Bill takes a pledge. I should sit up straight. It looks like I've got a gut in this photo.

This blog entry is going to be lame and disjointed, because I'm having some trouble adjusting to my new apartment. In some ways, it's not what I'm used to. Mainly, it's just moving that's strange, though. Also, the thing where my servants keep offering me massages and money is just getting annoying. I'M TRYING TO WATCH TV, PEOPLE. JUST LEAVE MY EXQUISITELY PREPARED FOOD ON THE SILVER TRAY AND BEAT IT.

Hey! I'm talking about Radiothon again! Joe Madonna and Bill Naylor came by to help with everything. Joe is a sporty coolguy who plays great music and is the station's music director. See? I can prove it.

Joe took this fabu picture of Bill, who repaired our buddy Nipper back in the 80s. Nipper's paw fell off or something, so Bill (who was but a pup at the time) replaced it with a caster. Bill's sweet that way. You can hear him do Tuesday Morning Java Time and you can hear his show, "The Food Court," on Tuesday evenings from 7:30pm to 8:30pm. Go ahead. Check him out.


Hey! I've changed topics again! This picture is nifty and disturbing.




And with that, I bid you all good afternoon. I'll be on the air tomorrow, so give a listen between 6am and 8:30am online or at 91.3FM.

(You know, sometimes, I just want the servants to hold me. Is that wrong?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home