Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Panda

Oh, children, I do apologize. I am not doing a show this week. Instead, this Thursday morning, you'll hear Gary, who has graciously offered to fill in for me while I pack and panic. He normally does the Roots show on Mondays, from 8:30am to 11am, but is invaluable to the station in several ways beyond that. He is also a master of puns. I know not what he'll play for you, but he is kindly and you'll find him pleasant. As long as he doesn't play that Crispin Glover album all the way through.

I'm not sure if Gary will play my sort of poppish rockish music or if he will go more Rootsie. If he tries for my genre, I hope he plays Grand National, a spiffy band from London. I'm hooked on their song "Drink to Moving On". I had this perfect "they sound like blah but with a bit of blah" kind of description of them that I've forgotten. If I remember it, I'll post it here. Suffice to say, they're polished sounding, almost cold, but still entertaining. Maybe they remind me a little bit of Phoenix mixed with some Erlend Øye. It's not difficult to think of these two musical entities being related to one another, as their sounds can be similar. Erlend Øye even remixed a Phoenix song called "If I Ever Feel Better" (Listen to the original here on Phoenix's MySpace page)on his 2004 album, DJ Kicks.

I hope you enjoy your Thursday, folks. I'll continue to clean out my apartment. I'll be on the air next week.

In my show's stead, please enjoy this picture of a panda eating bamboo near his hammock. He's in Atlanta, Georgia.





Sometimes*, I watch the panda cams. There are four pretty good ones in the U.S.

National Zoo in Washington D.C., Camera 1
National Zoo in Washington D.C., Camera 2
Panda Cam at the San Diego Zoo (California)
Panda Cam at the Atlanta Zoo (Georgia)

*way more than sometimes

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home