Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Boots

Today's show was going to be the best show I've ever done. I start every show thinking that. Then, within a few minutes, when I see that the telephone link to the traffic guy is being odd or that I've misplaced something or that I'm three minutes late, I give up and decide to make it the most fun show I've ever done.

It wasn't unfun, but maybe I should just now focus on making this the best blog entry I've ever blogentried. I'll start by posting today's incredibly sloppy music logs. Keep in mind, kids, your old Uncle Sarah is in one royal hurry while doing her show, so penmanship tends to fall by the wayside. Also, I'm probably a serial killer. That is another explanation for why my handwriting is so poor.

Here is today's log, front and back. Normally, there are more songs, but I had a lot of announcements today and managed to start the show a few minutes late.

Log for first half of March 2nd, 2006 show

Log for second half of March 2nd, 2006 show


Towards the end of the show, someone requested a song I haven't played in a long time. I found this album in the station a few years ago and played "These Boots Are Made for Walking" from it because it was, easily, the worst thing I had ever heard. It's so strange that, every now and then, a listener will call and ask me to play it again. How can I refuse? It's awful! Go ahead! Play the sample that Amazon has all loaded up for you!

I'm relieved that Crispin Glover doesn't always use his middle name ("Hellion") and that he has stopped covering Nancy Sinatra tunes.

P.S. Here is a link to me giggling unprofessionally at a song by Man Man.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eh, I've heard worse; maybe you don't get the full effect until you've heard the song all the way through. Regardless, you haven't lived until you've seen the video for "Clowny Clown Clown," also from that album. Between that and his rather notorious appearance on Letterman sometime in the late '80s, the man has become something of a hero to me.

    *brushes away a tear, stands and salutes*

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Oh YES! I haven't seen that clip since it originally aired! I heard someone posit the theory that Crispin was in character for a project he was doing. It was still crazy...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home