Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Friday, February 10, 2006

Spit Take

The last few days have been strange. On a personal level, I've been intermittently hyper. I blame the increased working out and assume that, eventually, I won't feel just exhausted, then hyper, then back to exhausted, but will, instead, feel delightfully and evenly energized. Right? That will happen soon, right? I'll experience the Runner's High, right? OH COME ON. Regardless of my energy level, I know I will continue to work out more. I rather enjoy it and the results I see. My guns are huge now.


In other news, the radio show was strange yesterday. I arrived on time (I gave myself the requisite minute / minute-and-a-half to scramble down the stairs, turn on the board, and chuck in a CD before the strike of 6am) and was unable to enter the radio station. I kept punching in the correct code, the keypad would show me the pretty, welcoming, green light, yet the door remained locked. It felt kind of good to get rough with that door for a minute, so I tried the code a few more times and really yanked hard. It was to no avail, however, so I had to call campus police. They usually are in the building waiting for me at that time, anyway, so it didn't take them long to come out and help me in. One of them regaled me with interesting stories of helping other people who'd been locked out of things (their dorms, their cars, their offices) while the one with the keys worked on the door. Honestly, these men are always nice. Sometimes, I can tell that they're at the end of a long shift when they take me into the station, but they remain pleasant, and, sometimes, they're open and chatty, which I love.

The band I liked the most during this show is Giant Drag. I've played their song "Kevin is Gay" several times and it just pleases me. What I seem to like most is the plaintive meowing at the end. Check out Giant Drag's MySpace page to hear some songs, including the meow song. Honeeeeeey.

P.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home