Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fear




I am afraid of lots of things. Some of my fears are reasonable. Others are just barriers that stand between me and progress. Let's get the list going:






1. Sometimes, late at night, I don't want to hear the toilet-flush
sound. The loudness of it scares me. So I'll flush and REALLY QUICKLY
plug my ears as I dart out of the bathroom. This happens maybe once
or twice a year.

2. Tailgaters. We've covered this. Please don't drive close to me,
you death-hungry maniac.

3. Trying. Sometimes, simply trying is very frightening. It can
mean fatigue and failure and no one enjoys those things. (For the
needy: Yes, trying is wonderful and one should not be too
goal-oriented, for true growth happens when we make an
effZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz etc.)

4. What if everyone suddenly became 3/5 scale in size while I stayed
the same? That would terrify me. What if I walked into a room and
everyone was JUST a little bit smaller than normal? All of the big,
tall men would be maybe only 5'6" and Great Danes would be Benji-sized
and I'd have to hide in a closet.

5. Dead mice in mousetraps scare me more than living, scurrying mice.

6. I hate to admit this one, but the two times that the power has
gone out at the radio station, plunging me into total darkness, I got
a little bit scared.

7. I don't like watching hang gliders land. If they crash or sort of
flop ass-over-head, it's like a big, scary, flapping humongo-bird and
that scares me a lot.

8. The five minute sitcom pilot I'm in that's being submitted to FX scares me.

I think that's it. I feel better. Thank you for letting me share
some of my fears with you.

Oh, and I have sad news. I won't be doing my show this morning!
I've arranged a substitute, though, so you don't have to be afraid.
The sitcom pilot shoot lasted until 5:15am this morning and I won't be
able to make it down to the radio station. So sad!



P.S. I...am...so...scared...right...now



1 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Mike Garvey said…

    I was always afraid that I see colors differently than everyone else, like the green I see is the orange you see, and that some day my brain would just correct itself and the sky would be purple from that day forward.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home