Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Testing My Mettle



Today's show had some sort of mettle challenge-property to it. Every step of the way was a struggle. I enjoyed the music I was playing, but kept making the weirdest errors. Which reminds me: Congratuations to Dan from Wesco, who called in to say hi and to ask how my drive down from Philadelphia is in the mornings. Good news, Dan! That conversation went out over the air, while I was playing a song. *twinkle* Mistake-addled DJs are the cutest, aren't they? Honestly, I'm more precious then a kitten in a mug, right?
Annnnyway, I'd better get to scanning my playlist. I've had a few requests for it already and, as we know by now, I am a consummate professional who is dedicated to giving my listeners the very best at all times. There are many DJs out there who, mistake-making or not, strive to entertain their listeners with good music and a rapier wit. Then, there's this guy.

You know what I always say: If you can't think of anything nice to say, threaten to urinate on a rival DJ's 4-year-old daughter. I had a bad show today, but I'm happy to say that I didn't use racial slurs or threaten to molest anyone. Not that you know of, anyway.


Pssst! Here are today's playlists:

Log for first half of May 11th, 2006 show
Log for second half of May 11th, 2006 show

1 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Gary Irving said…

    My friends take on the quote below is:
    "If you can't say something nice, TELL THE TRUTH!"


    "You know what I always say: If you can't think of anything nice to say, threaten to urinate on a rival DJ's 4-year-old daughter"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home