Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Friday, July 07, 2006

A Puff of Air


I went to the ophthalmologist today. Someone I worked with 4 years ago told me that my doctor, whom I've had since I was 14, is a nudist. Sometimes, I recall that fact when we're knee to knee, staring at each other through the machinery. It doesn't make me have any particular reaction; I just remember it. He's a heck of a nice guy. I'm glad ONE of us is comfortable with nudity.

Apparently, two years ago, at my last eye exam, he noted that the pressure in my left eye is a bit high. It was again today. This is a symptom of glaucoma, but I do not have glaucoma. I must, however, be tested for it yearly now. That spooked me for a second.

Here's what I now know about glaucoma: Glaucoma is a group of diseases that can damage the eye's optic nerve and result in vision loss and blindness. However, with early treatment, you can often protect your eyes against serious vision loss.

But dag, y'all. I gots the high eyeball pressures. Is that bad? The internet says: Not necessarily. Increased eye pressure means you are at risk for glaucoma, but does not mean you have the disease. A person has glaucoma only if the optic nerve is damaged. If you have increased eye pressure but no damage to the optic nerve, you do not have glaucoma. However, you are at risk. Follow the advice of your eye care professional.

Also, I should mention that the wonderful Wawa woman, who calls me honey, called me pretty today. "Hi, Pretty!" she said as I walked in. She makes my life BETTER. If I were to hit the lottery, she would get a big chunk of it. Every day this woman is kind and pleasant to everyone. How cool is that?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As the frequently first and usually solitary commenter, I'm beginning to feel a tad creepy.

    Let me understand this. You will not be posing for the WVUD DJ swimsuit calendar. Please cancel my pledge.

    Speaking of Wawa, their breakfast sandwich biscuits have been slightly altered - for the better. Oh to be a fly on the wall of the biscuit lab.

    Also, my local Wawa moved the hot dog condiments to the other side of the store, a good fifteen feet away from their raison d'etre. Wawa theoreticians are manipulating me, I suspect.

    Such a laid-back blog - very relaxing.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Fritz,
    I know creepy and you ain't it.
    I also know Wawa and my wallet wishes I didn't. I invited the Wawa woman to a party I'm having. She might come! *twinkle!* What to wear? What to wear?

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See... I'm not the only who is nice to the ladies of WAWA....

    hey... their HOT COCO is the shizzio kid.. You better be nice to WAWA peeps.

    My .2 cents on WAWA and being NICE..


    I Always like to be nice anways JOE MAD

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    DJ D-Caff prefers this formula: A shot of vanilla creamer, a shot of hot chocolate, fill to top of 24oz cup with decaf. OH SO GOOD.

    Joe, you so pretty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home