Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Pack of Lies


This post is about things I've heard (or maybe said) that either aren't true or that I think aren't true. It might also include things that I have not heard are true, but wish were true. This post is all lies, my friend.
===============================

Black jelly beans are spider eggs. (heard from Audrey when I was six)

You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met.

I am not obsessed with pandas. That would be sad.

You're listening to WVUD, Newark, 91.3FM, The Voice of the University of Delaware.

Sitting on a chair after a boy has been sitting there will get you pregnant. (heard in first grade)

That girl Kathy eats her own boogers. (heard in Kindergarten)

I am low-maintenance.

Hey, look! Free candy pandas!

If I take my contacts out, I'm in for the night. (said to me by fella whose contacts hurt and who wanted to spend the night)

Your dog has kennel cough. (it was cancer, actually. of the thyroid)

You do not have anything stuck in your teeth.

I don't have time.

You'd be making roughly $29/hour, but you'd have no health insurance.

I could not find your request in our music library.

This was a good idea for a post.

This picture will make it all worth it:




3 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Thanks for the awesome, post, Matt! Be sure to check out my review of your groovy blog at YouAreClearlyNotASpammer.blogspot.com!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jimmator said…

    Holy Schnikies, lame-o. If you're going to be an aspiring writer on the internet, at least use a spell checker!

    "Events in the Middle East are spirling out of control"

    I mean, you haven't even figured out the correct use of the apostrophe:

    "The adventure's of detective Matt Cooper P.I."

    Perhaps the good detective could take a brief diversion from the terror in the Middle East to crack the mysterious code of the English Alphabet before he does any more damage to his readers.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the double-entendre image...I'm a big fan of eye riddles, also! P.S. ~ Hope I spelled everything correctly and used appropriate punctuation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home