Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Whims I would Indulge If I Were Filthy, Stinking Rich



I would take cabs whenever the heck I wanted to.

I would have a doctor nearby/on call to assuage my occasional fear that this or that is bound to develop into an enormous, cancerous lesion.

I would buy clothing that fit me well and looked good, instead of what I do now, which is buy stuff that WOULD look good, if it fit me well. It doesn't though, so I sometimes have to slouch a little or sit down.

I would give money to my friends and family, regularly. You can't just dole it out in one huge chunk, though, because they'd go crazy and drop it all on personal roller rinks.

I'd pay scientists to fix things that seem to make people miserable, like acne, cancer, STDs, loud things, mean dogs, emaciated actresses, SUVs, ATMs that don't work, bad smells, and barbecue flavored things.

I'd take drum lessons from Stewart Copeland.

I'd start a gym called The Damned Peace & Quiet Gym. You'd come there to work out and enjoy some damned peace and quiet instead of suffering in that thumping nightmare you currently call your gym. OOONTZ OOONTZ OOONTZ? No. (Thanks to Ryan for spelling out that sound.)

I'd also have the scientists work on helping me have an attention span greater than that of a chicken, in an effort to help me make longer and more informative posts.


Thanks to all who called in to my show this morning to let Brian Lee know that you miss me and appreciate him, etc. I'll be back on the air next week!



2 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you give me a fairly large amount of money, I promise to be your friend.

    Of course, as your new friend, I would regularly complement you on your perfectly fitting clothes and reiterate the benign nature of this-or-that. Aren't friends priceless!

    If I was moneyed, I would build my own amusement park and ride the rides all day, because in my park - no lines. I might, for more amusement, bring people in to form a line and allow myself to butt in front of all of them.

    That is all I envision at the moment. In the meantime, I'll just be filthy and stinking and dream of a shower.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Unrelated to money, this is what has become of WMET 95.5, the formerly-rock station on Stewart Copeland's t-shirt.

    www.wnua.com

    At this moment, the DJ is Danae Alexander, a native Chicagoan with a first name issue.

    Sarah, I also loathe excessive noisemaking in the weight room. Breathing is important, loud uuntzing is silly and unrequired, despite all claims otherwise.

    Perhaps, with my f-s rich budget, I could create an uuntz awareness campaign and speciously link it to erectile dysfunction.

    Lastly, I'm with you on the cabs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home