Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Phlegmatic


Okay so I'm not going to be on the air AGAIN tomorrow. Stop YELLING. I know, I know, it's the third time in the last few months. I feel guilty enough as it is, people. But go easy on me. Your sweet, old Uncle Sarah has had bronchitis for about 5 days. My voice is starting to come back and today is the first day that I've been up and about. I thought it best not to push it by yammering at you folks for a few hours first thing in the morning. Besides, I'd just cough and wheeze all over the microphone, thereby sickening every DJ to use the station after me. Is that what you want?

In other news, I am sad to report that cough syrup with codeine is not the aperitif you've heard it is. Its sole purpose is to quiet down the ladylike horking that I do all day so that I can sleep at night. It does stifle the cough, but it does not make me sleepy. In fact, I'm wide awake. One teaspoonful of this stuff and I've paid my bills, done my dishes, and am now blogging, despite having NOTHING to say. It's the devil's elixir, it is. I don't want to be successful and productive. I want to nap.

Happily, I have decided that I am done with all injury and illness. The weird back thing I did at work last week is all better and my white blood cells are like tiny super heroes, fighting this bronchitis thing to the death. In other words, I plan to become a redoubtable force of strength, health, and drive-time radio. Taste my pop/rock steel, naysayers. Please stop staring at my super-hero chest. Stop it right now. I mean it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home