Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Holding Back


This picture resembles my posture for a little while at the radio station this morning. Have you ever done something so stupid that you could barely believe you were allowed to walk the earth? Yeah, me either. Except for yesterday, when I helped my boss carry a mildly heavy bookshelf up the stairs. The first trip went swimmingly. On the second trip, however, I must've done some fancy dance move, as I managed to really strain something in my back. I remember thinking, "wow, that hurt a bit. I wonder if it's going to turn into someth----OH MY GOD." So today is a bit rough. I'm pretty good with stretching and doing the right thing when I occasionally pull muscles in my back or neck during a workout, so I think I'll be fully dandy again in a few days. Besides, Mama likes to work out frequently and I'm not about to turn squishy just to accommodate a little pain in my----OH MY GOD.

I mentioned this back thing on the air and got several calls. One was of the chiding "you're no spring chicken" variety. He encouraged rest and said I'd be back to my septuagenarian tricks in no time. Another caller recounted her story of back pain and injury and said that, since her surgery, things have been better. She encouraged a doctor visit, suggesting that it certainly couldn't hurt to get looked over. Still another caller suggested that I play a Cindi Lauper song. I believe that this had nothing to do with back aches, but rather, it gave me the impression that said listener wanted to hear a Cindi Lauper song.


And here, faster than I can turn a little heavy-lifting strain into an excuse to post glorious pictures of folks in traction, are today's playlists:

Log for first part of March 1st, 2007 show


Log for second part of March 1st, 2007 show



BEFORE:



AFTER:




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home