Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Your Frozen Heart


Happy Valentine's Day, Folks! I hope you're enjoying the freezing rain and brown snow that undoubtedly greeted you this morning. Don't worry, though. Your V-Day can still be special. Assuming you haven't careered off of the ice-slick road and landed in the median.

I chose to spend Valentine's Day in the traditional way: Risking my life driving to work in an ice storm. What says commitment more than spending half an hour scraping away at the icy sarcophagus surrounding my idling car, then driving 23 MPH on a 4-lane slip 'n' slide to work? Nothing, say I!

I found this gorgeous picture of an ice storm from an Ontario government website. That's in Canadia! It's from some time between 1900 and 1919. Click on it to see the full image. Ryan noticed that it was reversed (notice the sign's letters are backwards on the website's original), so I've flipped it. It's intimidating, but beautiful.

Stay warm, folks. And for my friends who loathe this day, it's okay. There's enough wine and sarcasm in the world to get anyone through this silly faux holiday.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home