Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Saturday, April 28, 2007

How Can She be So Skinny and Live So Phat?


It's gorgeous, right? I know, it really is. I'm delighted with this place and have the guilty, wonderful, nervous feeling that I've really stumbled onto a FIND. I feel LUCKY. It's making me nervous in that "dog-anxiously- hunkering-over-meat
-found-in-garbage" kind of way.

Despite my acknowledged glee, I can't deny that I'm deep in the middle of a boxed scavenger hunt. Each day, I go on a mission to find one particular item. Boxes get opened and rifled through, and out of guilt and nothing else, I place maybe three items in a cabinet or a drawer somewhere, telling myself that I'm really making some progress on this unpacking thing.

I know it takes more than three days to unpack after a move and I'm not one of those insane people who has everything JUST SO immediately. Unpacking takes two months (at least) for a one bedroom apartment. If I lived in a house and had roommates, a husband, or children, I'd up that to eight months (at least). I know that most 4-person families who move from one house to another end up with never-unpacked boxes in the basement until well after the children have graduated and moved into their own apartments or homes. Then, the children become seasoned adults with their own never-unpacked boxes and go through their childhood homestead boxes when it's time to think about moving the parents to a one bedroom apartment where they don't have to worry about climbing stairs. Such is the cycle of life/boxes. This reads like a metaphor for "personal baggage," but is, in fact, not. I'm really just talking about how people are slow to unpack.

Segues are for jerks! In a radical shift of subject, I present, The YouTube Video That my Friend Liz Cannot Stop Watching. This video has been around for a good while, but it has staying power. I revisit it every few months. It really is just like a mini-mall. Hey, hey.


And here, faster than you can say "Montgomery" in three syllables, are my playlists from the last two shows:


Log for first part of April 19th, 2007 show
(It was Radiothon! Thanks for your pledges!)


Log for second part of April 19th, 2007 show
(You gave us money! Thanks for supporting WVUD.)


and

Log for first part of April 26th, 2007 show

Log for second part of April 26th, 2007 show



P.S. Auditions are rough.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that looks like a might fine place to crash. goodluck with your new place sara. sleep tight and hope you have loads of good times with friends and family there.

    - joe m

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger MJC said…

    YEAH!!! Where is your new ingpartment?




    ps. voedw

     

Post a Comment

<< Home