Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Exalted Warrior


I have begun a new exercise program. I started last Friday, August 24th. I'm supposed to work out six days a week. Um, I guess Thursday will be my day off. Something about waking up at 3:30am, doing a show, then working until 5:30pm is not conducive to exercising. So. This new DVD that I follow every morning is kicking my butt. There are three phases of workouts. I'm now in Phase 2 (Phase 1 was really just meant to teach some basic "don't injure yourself" moves). The first day of Phase 2 was really difficult. The workout video felt like a 47-minute dragging death. Now that I've done it a few times, though, I think I'll make it. My goal is to firm up a bit and maybe lose a few pounds. I'd also like to be able to bench press a bench. A bench with 4 people sitting on it. I think this is realistic.

Exalted Warrior is one of the yoga poses the video exercise lady does / wants me to do in the cool-down portion of the video. Sweating, losing my balance, and giggling with exhaustion are not, I'm guessing, what she has in mind during this pose. But it's what I do.


And here, even though I spent the week panting and sweating and yelling "Jesus Christ, Lady, why aren't you sweating yet?" at my television, is today's playlist. If it's messy, it's only because my arms are still shakey from the push-ups:

Log for first part of August 30th, 2007 show

Log for second part of August 30th, 2007 show


P.S. Even though I hate the exercise video lady, I also secretly love her. Especially at minute forty seven. Exalt this, Lady.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home