Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Friday, December 08, 2006

Cold December


It snowed! For maybe six seconds! I saw a few snowflakes on my car last night!
*Jumping up/down zealously*

And now, with the zeal usually reserved for special occasions like a dental cleaning or March, I present yesterday's playlists! Hooray!


Log for first half of December 7th, 2006 show

Log for second half of December 7th, 2006 show


Also, if my playlist scans are ridiculously too large, just comment here or drop me an email. My handwriting leaves much to be desired, so I try to make sure that the scans are at least large enough to try to read.

In other news, I'm such a sucker for Matt Costa's "Cold December" song. Here's a link to the video on his site. I don't know what to make of this song, but the first time I heard it, I knew I would listen to it a few too many times. The video's sort of pleasant, too.

Yesterday, during the last half hour or so of my show, a really nice photographer named Joe Del Tufo came by to photograph me for Out and About Magazine. Despite making his life a living hell (no one on Earth blinks more or twitches-in-response-to-a-flash more than your Uncle Sarah, kids. It's a real problem), he managed to get a few nice shots. All of them were lit wonderfully and looked fabulous, except for, you know, my face, what with the blinking and all.

I also got to write a few brief music reviews for the Out and About thing. I'll post them, in their entirety, after it's published. They edited down for space and took out a few bands. But I'll make sure that the deleted bands have their day on ye aulde blog.

Be nice to someone in traffic today. Or pet a doggy or something.


7 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was nice to someone today. Do I win?

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Yes!
    You get CANDY!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are now writing for "Out and About?" Making international calls to James " the one man -I fooled you it is just me in the band" You are becoming a real "Howard Stern-queen of media" type. While your at it Could you make mix tapes? I really think your song selection in the order you play could be marketable.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loveliness on the air. With more exposure comes more fans. Are you ready for the celebrity?

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Hey anonymous! You sound like a friend of mine...

    Thanks, Todd! I am fully ready for all celebrity, as long as celebrity means that I make a billion dollars AND get to meet my hero, Jim J. Bullock.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smart.
    Funny.
    Self-deprecating.
    Photogenic.
    Published.

    Really?

    Seriously?

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Not really seriously.
    Just maybe in my head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home