Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Riboflavin and Hops


I pulled off the highway the other day to get gas and came across this sign. I don't like what they're feeding those children. (Click on the image to see it legibly.)

*BONUS*

I just drove by the sign again to get a clearer picture (have put it in place of the blurrier one that was above) and ran into a fella who came out of the building. He looked at me quizically and I explained that I thought the spare wording of the sign was amusing. "It sort of makes it seem like that's what they're feeding the sick children," I said. He stared at me, irony-free, and said, "No, I think it's a benefit for 'em." Oooooohhhh.

My favorite part of the above exchange is that each of us left it feeling certain (and with good reason) that we'd just met the stupidest person on Earth.

Today's show was a sporting good time. That makes three shows in a row that I've actually liked. I usually like doing my show, but find that there are always a few songs I could do without and am not fully pleased with. These last few shows, though, have made me happy from beginning to end.


And here, fortified with enough riboflavin and hops to make anyone feel better, are my playlists from today:

Log for first half of November 16th, 2006 show

Log for second half of November 16th, 2006 show

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What songs were you playing before and after the 7:26am trafic report? Is there a way to guestimate based on your wonderful playlists?

    That New traffic guy never chit chats like the old one does. What is up with that?

    I totally agree that the sign is hilarious.

    Your last couple of shows have been all around good.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Hi there, Anon!
    The song right before the 7:26am traffic was by Ambulance,LTD and was called "Arbuckle's Swan Song."
    The song right after the traffic break was Slow Runner's song "Everything is Exactly What it Seems." If you look at the first half of the show log, you'll see that I drew a little line between them to indicate a break had occurred (towards the bottom of the page).

    I miss the chit chat traffic guys. Sometimes, I can crack up Rick, the current guy, while we're off the air. He's pretty business-like once he goes on, though. Nice guy.

    Thanks for the support for my show. I've had such a blast lately.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home