Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Fell in Love Today (again)




This cat picture and caption crack me up. Enjoy.

Brought to you with the passion of my deep and anxious fealty for the redoubtable wit of John Roderick (of The Long Winters), here are today's playlists:


Log for first half of November 2nd, 2006 show

Log for second half of November 2nd, 2006 show




I read a bit of The Long Winters' online diary today. A few posts from 2004 made me simile like a noun in noun (I couldn't decide what they made me laugh like, so you must do the simile work for me, dear reader). I especially enjoyed the part where The Long Winters and The Decemberists had a bit of a faux rivalry resulting in one band quietly being labelled "sissies" and the other being labelled "meanies." John Roderick's assessment of the amicable end to the feud (about 8 or 9 paragraphs down into the previous link) made me guffaw. Good on ya, Roderick. Enjoy his journal entries. You may not immediately agree that humans are a plague, but part of you will want to, as he is a formidable writer.

I really enjoyed today's radio show. I got great requests, sweet phone calls, and everything flowed nicely. I hope it was good listening, because I really enjoyed playing it.


3 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm...see what you mean - the guy's a genius (anOTHer one...ALL we need!)

    And here's another few terrabytes of reading I know have to wade through instead of getting on with real life.

    Very glad though!
    J:)

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice live interview on the November 9th show. Anouther day, anouther pound.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Yeah! James from Bikini Test Failure is the friendliest fellow in music. It was nice of him to give some time to WVUD, eh? I'll post about it in my next entry, when I put up yesterday's (November 9th's) playlists.
    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home