Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Nothing Like the Sun (except for the yellow parts)




















Happy Halloween, folks. My costume this year is my spooky pair of pupils. I got my pupils dilated at my ophthalmologist's office today. I've never had it done before and I have to admit, it's fairly uncomfortable after a little while. The drops sting for only a second, so that's not the bad part. The part where he shines bright lights in my eyes made me flinch alot, but, luckily, that was over quickly. The uncomfortable part is the weird headache that lingers. Also, it's been over four hours and I still want to wear sunglasses. Everything is verrrrry bright! Oh, and yes, that's my dilated right pupil in the photo. The yellow stuff around my eye is not there on purpose. It's from the yellow eyedrops he put in after the dilating drops. I took this picture as I left his office. I think maybe my pupils weren't fully dilated yet, or else they were beginning to calm down. At one point, they were HUGE. I was fascinated.

This is not my most stellar post. If you want interesting, go read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I look forward to reading Brave New World Revisited soon.

My eyes feel funny.




2 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello from Portugal!

    Why, oh saucer-eyed one? Why?

    Do I need to read older blogs? I've never heard of such a thing....

    Jx

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger ThursdayJava said…

    Hooray! It's James! http://bikinitestfailure.com

    James, the government here makes us dilate our pupils so that we will instinctively shut our eyes in bright light (i.e., the bright light of nuclear weapons explosions). That way, we don't sit around worrying about why we're all so tall and fat. It is, of course, the radiation, but we say it's the high-protein diet!

    I have to go now. I'm being wrestled to the ground by federal agents.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home