Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Blog.

Fascinating blather about alternative and indie pop/rock and other
From Sarah (on Your Radio & The Internet)
Host of Thursday Java Time
Thursdays 6am - 8:30am
91.3FM WVUD / online WVUD.org
Listen Online, Why Don'tcha

Thursday, September 28, 2006

D.C. al Coda




In the words of Edna St. Vincent Millay, "It's not one damn thing after another; it's one damn thing over and over." Not relevant to my delightful, eclectic, ever-fresh radio show, you say? Hooray! Here are my playlists, Sarcasmo...



Log for first half of September 28th, 2006 show

Log for second half of September 28th, 2006 show


Lately, I'm tired of repeating things. I'd like to skip to the Coda in some ways. September is always a little rough because of some anniversaries. Eleven years ago today, for example, is the day that my father died. It's also the day that, three years ago, a long-term relationship of mine ended.

This week seems to be about change again. The summer is over and it's time to ready myself for some colder weather. I wish I still had my dog. She was excellent at comforting me when I was going through something rough AND when it was just plain chilly at night.

Regarding other endings, I've reached the end of my patience with a piece of equipment at the station. The CD recorder on which I record my show each week wasn't receiving a signal today, so I didn't get to listen to any of the new radio stuff I played as I was driving to work after the show. No matter. I have the playlists and can probably remember which new songs I dug. So, see? It's not so bad.


P.S. I agree with this guy. My dad was pretty remarkable. His work contributed to the 2005 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.

P.P.S. This is me with my lovely old dog, Tosh, in 1997. HECK of a dog. She passed away in July of 2000, at the ripe age of 13. She was an Old English Sheepdog (for the most part), but is pictured here with her summer haircut growing out. She also never had her tail cropped, thankfully. She was free to wipe clean every low table she walked by, and we liked it that way. We being me. And my cheerfully broken belongings.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home